Wednesday, September 24, 2008

An introduction, of sorts...

Why write a blog about watching television? And what do cats have to do with it?

The easy answer is that I watch entirely too much television, and I don't write nearly as often or as much as I think I should. That's not a good thing for a professional writer.

I blame this on the digital video recorder (DVR). Back in the old days, when there was only live TV, my choice was simple: I could only watch one thing at a time. Then came the video cassette recorder (VCR), which enabled me to time shift and watch something live while recording something else to view later.

Now, I have the DVR. In fact, I technically have three DVRs: my old 40-GB ReplayTV unit, and the new dual-recording unit provided by my cable company. (Thanks, SureWest. You're enabling my addiction.)

So here I am, blogging about watching television. With cats. What could be more American than that?

No comments: